MORE ABOUT THIS JOB:
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Led by the firm’s first Chief Marketing Officer, the marketing function at Goldman Sachs is backed by momentum and a broad imperative to unify the discipline, helping to codify a business-critical function seen as core to the firm’s future growth. As such, GS is focused on building out a data-and-technology enabled team of growth marketers, delivering value for the brand and the business. The organization consists of a number of key COE roles in areas such as Brand, Media, and Marketing Strategy, as well as marketing leads for each of our revenue divisions. Together, this team will collaborate to build a unified, scalable, and consistent approach to marketing the brand and its offerings. Our mission is to be a demonstrable force multiplier for the businesses we serve.
Within the Global Marketing function but aligned to the Consumer and Wealth Management division, sits the PWM Marketing Team. The PWM Marketing Team develops and implements an integrated marketing strategy that delivers the full value of the GS network and expertise to clients, generates new business by expanding our reach and frequency of interactions with clients and prospective clients, and builds brand equity by raising the visibility of PWM and amplifying engagement efforts locally and globally. We are seeking an Associate who is a forward-thinking professional marketer, demonstrates a willingness to develop a deep understanding for the ultra high-net-worth marketplace and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
This candidate will be responsible for implementing the integrated marketing strategy for PWM, which includes the following:
Partner with advisors, management and product specialists to identify our commercial objectives and formulate a plan for how marketing can help achieve those objectives
- Implement and project manage integrated marketing campaigns, from messaging development to execution, amplification, evaluation and follow-up
- Partner with key stakeholders across the Global Marketing function, PWM Marketing Team and Corporate Communications to help support each campaign and develop thoughtful approaches to earned media, paid media, content development, and digital distribution
- Help support day-to-day operations of the PWM social media platform(s) including content planning and requests, post creation and publishing, user training and the roll-out of new functionality and/or channels
- Fact-check, proofread and gain the needed approvals for all campaigns
- Revise existing materials, ensuring consistent branding and messaging, to maximize impact across marketing initiatives and business development
- Draft language for event invitations and recaps, video scripts, on-screen narratives, ad copy, social posts, blog articles, client communications, marketing materials and other content as needed
- Learn from and absorb knowledge about competitive offerings, market trends and industry developments specific to private wealth management
- Bachelors degree required
- Prior experience with social media preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Superior communication and writing skills, both verbal and written, without grammatical errors
- Strong marketing skills in both strategy and execution
- Strong PowerPoint skills with a creative eye for visual design
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and develop a clear, compelling story using a variety of voices and styles
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Personal commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think clearly under pressure, and handle simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Ability to quickly assess audience and tailor products, campaigns and communications accordingly
- Ability to think proactively and stay organized
- Exemplary discretion and judgment
- Knowledge with the nuances of multi-channel (print, web, email, social, video, audio) content
- Knowledge of the private wealth management business and experience with marketing to the ultra high net worth clientele, a plus
- 3 - 6 years of experience in marketing, financial services or a related industry serving high net worth clients
- Candidates must be prepared to submit writing samples, and take a writing test during the interview process