Under limited guidance, use specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to coordinate, monitor, and execute projects and communication plans predominantly in the Investment Solutions (IS) and Raymond James Insurance Group (RJIG) departments within Global Wealth Solutions (GWS) at Raymond James.
IS includes several product areas: alternative investments (hedge funds, private equity, private real estate, managed futures, etc.), concentrated equity, mutual funds, 529s, options, and structured investments (market-linked notes or CDs). RJIG includes annuities, life insurance, and long-term care. To support these areas, must have and/or develop advanced knowledge of products covered by IS and RJIG. Work in a dynamic team environment to coordinate marketing campaigns, build and execute on communication plans, use graphic design software to create and update advisor and client collateral, and coordinate conferences and events. General guidelines are provided to perform a variety of tasks using a high level of professionalism, appropriate timeliness, strong attention to detail, and the ability to self-manage responsibilities and goals. Recommend solutions, with assistance, to moderately complex problems, and have regular contact with internal and external customers in order to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Partner closely with GWS marketing team members and product area subject matter experts to ensure marketing efforts are relevant to the individual product areas, GWS, advisors, and clients.
• Work in a dynamic team environment to build and execute communication plans, use graphic design software to create and update advisor and client collateral, and assist with coordination surrounding conferences and events.
• Work directly with subject matter experts in the product area to understand their business unit goals and, with oversight, put a plan into action to meet those goals and inform advisors and clients.
• Organize, manage, and execute on objectives with limited oversight, a strong attention to detail, a high level of professionalism, and appropriate timeliness.
• Drive efficiencies and improve processes. Review existing processes and procedures on a regular basis to determine if enhancements are possible.
• Work with team members, other departments in the firm, and outside organizations to leverage best practices.
• Maintain extensive product and compliance knowledge required to successfully support product area goals and strategic marketing objectives of GWS.
• Use feedback from team and manager to make decisions.
• Oversee the distribution of marketing literature.
• Conduct basic marketing research and compile results for projects as assigned.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Principles and practices of customer relations, marketing and communications.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Basic investments with the ability to become well-versed in the wide range of investments strategies and products represented by IS and RJIG, including but not limited to, mutual funds, annuities, alternative investments, structured investments, and insurance.
• Firm and business units.
• Self-reviewing work with a strong attention to detail.
• Verbal and written communication with impeccable grammar.
• Coordinating marketing and communication projects and activities.
• Strong critical thinking skills required to address needs, solve problems, suggest improvements, and create and present ideas.
• Technical and creative writing.
• Presenting to individuals and large groups in meetings.
• Conducting research, compiling results and preparing reports.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software, including word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, data base and internet reference service applications.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• With oversight, manage multiple projects with the potential for unexpected developments.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Understand basic database and technology concepts and terms.
• With assistance, prioritize projects and establish expectations.
• Maintain established deadlines on multi-step projects with large scopes that may include multiple stakeholders.
• Assist other team members as the need arises.
• Use or quickly become proficient in advanced graphic design software (Adobe InDesign, etc.) and performance reporting software.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in business, finance, marketing or a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of marketing or sales support experience in the financial services industry preferred.
• Series 7 preferred
• Chartered Alternative Investments Analyst (CAIA) preferred
• Life, Health, and Annuity preferred