The Group: Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors achieve their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means building products and solutions that help employers maximize the value of their workplace retirement plans and put individuals on the path to better retirement outcomes. Workplace is a high-growth area for Morningstar that houses a diverse suite of technology and investment-based solutions. Our unique client base includes retirement plan providers, plan sponsors, plan consultants, and retirement plan advisors. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our clients’ problems, we are well-positioned to help individuals achieve a better retirement. The workplace marketing team is critical to achieving this mission and bringing it to life.
The Role: We are looking for an experienced leader to assume overall responsibility for leading marketers focused on demand generation, campaign creation, product, and client marketing. In this role, you will be the senior marketing executive responsible for strategy and execution to drive demand. This role reports to the Head of Sales and Customer Success and works closely with sales and product in order to create, manage and execute on priorities.
- In alignment with product and solution strategy, create compelling client and segment specific campaigns.
- Optimize and standardize demand creation approaches across the organization.
- Partner with corporate and product marketing teams to leverage and extend thought leadership, research, and brand campaigns through our digital, event and media platforms.
- Measure the impact of client marketing activities on customer growth, retention, and financial outcomes, and communicate these impacts within the organization.
- Orchestrate a fluid and engaging brand experience across consumer, partner, and enterprise campaigns.
- Set measurable objectives for marketing programs. Allocate resources appropriately across awareness, demand, and partner marketing programs.
- Lead internal marketing managers and external vendors to accomplish goals.
- Partner with sales and relationship management to support customer interactions, including events, customer advisory boards, user groups and executive roundtables.
- Partner with sales, marketing, and business unit leaders to determine best model for implementing additional account-based marketing, retention marketing and customer reference programs.
- Manage and coach a growing, high-potential marketing team. Together:
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales teams to design, execute, and optimize multi-channel campaigns
- Develop a range of product content from educational pieces to one-page sales ideas to longer form papers that support buyer’s journeys across multiple channels
- Create sales training materials tailored to roles of contributing sales teams
- Enable teams with messaging maps, objection handling, buyer insights and other core product marketing assets.
- 15+ years of marketing experience in the financial services industry with partner marketing experience
- 5-10+ years of demand or digital marketing experience
- Established track record developing and implementing marketing programs
- Significant experience working with dynamic teams
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other advanced degree/accreditation is a plus
- Experience working in the retirement industry strongly preferred
Morningstar employees are required to be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing to work in any office. Morningstar’s vaccine policy may be modified to comply with evolving legal requirements and other changing circumstances.