The Group: Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors achieve their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means creating products and solutions that help individuals achieve better retirement outcomes and for employers to maximize the value of their workplace retirement plans. Workplace is a high growth area for Morningstar and houses a diverse suite of technology and investment-based solutions. Our unique client base- consisting of retirement plan providers, sponsors, consultants and advisors. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our client's problems, we believe we are well-positioned to help individuals build for a better retirement. The workplace marketing team is critical to achieving this mission.
The Role: In this role you’ll be responsible for leading Workplace’s product, content and digital marketing strategies. The role involves working with sales, research, product and business to drive greater awareness of our suite of products in the industry, help differentiate our products, find new ways to reach buyers and users of our products, develop launch strategies, deploy impactful go-to-market campaigns, and find ways to market our robust thought-leadership initiatives. This role will report to the head of workplace marketing and will be based in our Chicago office.
- Develop multi-channel marketing strategies for our IP-driven data & research to drive growth
- Establish consistent product messaging for use in sales enablement for use in sales enablement and client-facing assets
- Support and continue to develop our retirement plan advisor distribution strategy
- Develop efficiencies in how we support business and sales
- Streamline and prioritize marketing requests based on business’ goals and strategies
- Lead agile framework for marketing department deliverables
- Work with copywriter to develop a range of materials, from blog posts to sales collateral
- Work with the team to support and modernize digital marketing programs and evaluate site architecture to drive measurable lead generation
- Partner with other marketing teams at Morningstar to accomplish and align strategy with the company’s overall mission and vision
- Provide guidance and mentorship to newer members of the marketing team
- 8+ years of relevant product marketing or product management experience
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in financial services and B2B marketing
- Fluent in modern digital and live marketing experience
- Experience with marketing tools such as Eloqua, Google Analytics, Tableau, and CMS tools (such as Adobe Experience Manager)
- Self-starter with proven ability to navigate ambiguity, move multiple projects forward, and succeed in a matrixed environment
- Track record of successful product launches, integrated marketing campaigns, and measurable lead gen.
- Excellent people skills to interact/persuade/lead across marketing org and with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree required
Nice to have
- Technology and retirement industry experience a plus
- Experience with project management software (Asana), enterprise webinar platforms, and CRM tools (Salesforce) a plus
- • Experience in media relationships and planning a plus
Morningstar employees are required to be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing to work in any office. Morningstar’s vaccine policy may be modified to comply with evolving legal requirements and other changing circumstances.