About The Role
The Sr. Manager Demand Generation, Canada is responsible for the owning and implementing the demand generation framework for the Canadian region as the team lead. This includes building the integrated campaign calendar, lead forecasting, project management and optimizing of multichannel, multi-touch demand generating marketing programs that leverage both inbound and outbound tactics in support of BU stakeholders’ business & revenue goals. Act as unifying force across channel SMEs and BUs to drive an integrated strategy for Canada. Project manage the tactical planning, production and execution of these programs is essential. This role serves the Canada region in partnership with multiple disciplines to develop a demand generation strategy, tactic mix and program flight schedule that supports objectives for sourced and influenced pipeline and revenue.
The role requires a strategic thinker who can also execute and drive business growth in a global team atmosphere. The role has Canadian focus but will collaborate with BU marketers to optimize for impact for the Canadian business.
- Turn the strategic plan into an integrated campaign calendar in collaboration with global and national internal partners that delivers on the strategic objectives
- Lead the demand gen team efforts for the Canadian business across product lines
- Manage campaign calendar, lead forecast and KPIs.
- Manage and own budget allocation and reporting of campaign measurement, success, deliverables, etc for the Canadian region.
- Monitor lead flow, lead distribution, and conversion rates to ensure attainment of targets.
- Optimize funnel conversion rates by ensuring no lead is left behind.
- Lead biweekly sales/marketing interlock for Canadian business
- Own & deliver Quarterly Business Review for Canada demand gen
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional, and local programs.
- Work with Marketing Operations on database readiness to execute programs to target segments
- Plan and execute end-to-end demand generation programs, which include, but are not limited to, webinars, emails, nurtures, paid media, content syndication, events, and outbound SDR strategies.
- Get hands dirty managing and scaling current acquisition channels (directly and through agencies) while testing new ones.
- Partner with multiple departments to ensure success of campaign execution, launch and readout of results.
- Develop and execute innovative, multi-channel campaigns to drive MQLs and sales pipeline, while closely monitoring conversion rates and optimizing campaigns at each stage pre-sale as well as owning the lead nurturing strategy.
- Take ownership of Morningstar Canadian demand gen strategy; from big idea generation to execution, ongoing optimization and reporting, across priority channels like SEM, SEO, paid social, display advertising, referrals and remarketing.
- Partner with our account-based marketing team (ABM) and Sales to generate leads across target accounts.
- Seek opportunities to educate and inspire the broader Marketing & Sales teams on emerging digital trends and marketing opportunities, serving as a thought leader and subject matter expert.
- Deep understanding of media KPIs and how to evaluate channel performance.
- 6- 8 years of full-time marketing experience
- 3+ years of demand generation/campaigns experience
- Experience/knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- CRM, marketing automation, web analytics and business intelligence (reporting and analysis tools)
- Customer- and market-driven orientation with proven record of supporting sales to meet or exceed pipeline and revenue targets
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated strong listening, information gathering and skills for uncovering and defining deliverables, needs and outcomes
- Experience creating and implementing proven successful demand creation and lead nurturing programs
- Experience acting as a liaison between Sales and Marketing teams with the interest to work towards shared pipeline goals
Morningstar employees are required to be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing to work in any office. Morningstar’s vaccine policy may be modified to comply with evolving legal requirements and other changing circumstances.