The Credit group is a global team guided by Morningstar's mission to empower investor success. Our entrepreneurial spirit and uncompromising ethics guide everything we do. With teams in Toronto, New York, Chicago, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, and Mumbai, we delight our clients around the world with industry-defining credit products and services.
Through DBRS Morningstar, we offer independent rating services and opinions for corporate and sovereign entities, financial institutions, and structured finance instruments. Rating over 3,000 issuers and 60,000 securities, DBRS Morningstar is the fourth-largest credit rating agency in the world.
Through Morningstar Credit Information and Analytics (MCIA), we offer world-class credit tools and research for issuers and investors that lead to faster, insightful, and more predictable outcomes.
The Credit group is one of the largest and fastest-growing business units at Morningstar and the newly formed Credit Marketing function is critical to achieving its continued growth and success. With opportunities to make your mark on all aspects of the credit business, Morningstar's Credit group is where you can grow both personally and professionally.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to build and execute the brand and event marketing strategies across the credit business for our European market. In this role, you will partner closely with Central Marketing and regional cross-functional teams and be responsible for delivering impactful brand campaigns and world-class events that strengthen the credit brands, build on brand equity, and fuel demand for credit products and services. This newly created role is a great opportunity to drive growth and make a meaningful impact on one of Morningstar’s largest and fastest-growing business units.
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive experience developing effective marketing strategies and translating those strategies into compelling campaigns that drive strong business results. You will also have exceptional project management and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, and a track record of effective cross-functional collaboration. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, self-starter who will thrive on the fast-paced nature of events.
This role reports to the Vice President, Global Brand and Marketing in New York and is based in our London office.
- In alignment with Central Brand Marketing, build and execute multi-channel brand marketing campaigns tied to key global initiatives that strengthen the credit brands, support our connection with the customers, and ultimately, fuels demand for our offerings in the European market
- Partner closely with Central Brand Marketing to establish the long-term vision and strategic direction for the credit brands in the region and devise innovative brand growth strategies in line with that vision
- Develop a clear positioning for the credit brands in the regional market and a comprehensive brand messaging map – continuously refine the messaging based on market, competitor, and audience insights
- Partner with the regional Product Marketing and cross-functional teams to ensure consistency against brand guidelines and brand messaging across all marketing and sales channels and assets in the European market
- Lead other regional marketing projects to enhance brand awareness and drive customer advocacy
- With guidance from Central Event Marketing, manage the end-to-end strategy, planning, execution, and experience for external events such as industry conferences, symposiums, forums, etc. in Europe
- Work closely with the business development and analytical teams to identify industry events to sponsor and attend and to select speakers, panels, and attendees for each event
- Manage regional event contracts and budget, working closely with vendors, partners, and internal teams to deliver all planned events on time and within budget
- Negotiate external event sponsorships and booth placements and identify additional opportunities for added brand exposure
- Secure speaking roles for credit analysts and executive team at industry events to participate as panelists and moderators and identify additional opportunities to strengthen our position as an industry thought leader
- Build and manage relationships with key industry associations and event organizers in the region and help uncover new ways of getting in front of target audiences and key decision-makers
- Support the regional Product Marketing team in the planning and execution of in-house events such as roadshows, webinars, happy hours, etc. that operate as part of wider integrated campaigns to engage target audiences and meet demand generation objectives
- Deliver world-class brand experiences across our in-person and online events in the region ensuring consistency against brand guidelines
Brand & Event Marketing:
- Oversee and coordinate the regional brand marketing calendar of campaigns and events to ensure operational alignment and efficiencies
- Define, measure, and analyze the success of all brand and event marketing activities and optimize based on data-driven insights to continuously improve our outcomes relative to our goals
- Present progress, results, learnings and recommendations to stakeholders and senior business leaders regularly – demonstrating a clear ROI from our brand and event marketing efforts
- Bring subject matter expertise into all our thinking and planning by staying current on brand and event marketing best practices and finding the bridges to apply them
- Develop, implement, and continuously evolve brand and event campaign planning and management best practices and processes
- Perform other duties as necessary from time to time to achieve business goals
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in marketing with a strong emphasis on brand management or product marketing – experience managing participation in industry events is a big plus
- Track record of successfully developing marketing strategies and creatively translating the strategies into compelling marketing programs and campaigns to deliver on business goals
- Strong digital marketing experience – especially in email and social media marketing with excellent knowledge of best practices and hands-on experience using digital marketing tools such as Pardot, Google Analytics, etc.
- Exceptional writing skills with experience writing creative, compelling marketing copy
- Data-driven approach to creatively solving challenges and strong analytical skills to translate both qualitative and quantitative data into opportunities for action
- High attention to detail and a deep appreciation and proven ability for detailed execution of marketing activities
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, communicate effectively with stakeholders, and prioritize to deliver high-quality work within deadline
- A track record of successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams as well as working independently and autonomously
- Ability to travel as required
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.