Capital Preferences is an award-winning global fintech in scale-up mode looking to fill a full-time, fixed-term role that is a blend of marketing program management and international client engagement with the world’s leading banks and investment firms. Be a founding member of our Sydney office as we establish our presence in wider Australia. You’d be part of a growing, cross-functional team based in Sydney (or, alternately, at our headquarters in Christchurch, New Zealand).
Your primary responsibility is to oversee multiple go-to-market campaigns around the world. You would drive our digital presence, including web, blog and social media (primarily LinkedIn). As well, you would provide market entry project management and marketing expertise, focused especially on Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial mindset with a track record as a marketing manager or sales enablement. You’ll stand out as an exceptional project manager, with a high digital and commercial IQ. You’re comfortable developing content, writing blog posts and dabbling in design of infographics, copy and visuals for buyer/sales enablement. You’ll have strong intuition on sales process and comfort in client interactions.
We have our sights set on transforming the way that financial services firms understand and engage with their clients. Flexible working, a collaborative and collegial culture, and a global outlook. If you share a passion for learning, want to drive change and have a bias for action, you’re who we’re looking for.
Marketing program management
- Run point on thought leadership and demand gen efforts across multiple markets around the globe.
- Orchestrate external parties (agency and PR partners) as well as internal parties (sales, marketing and product) to deliver the substance of breakthrough demand gen campaigns. Operate with a collaborative, test-and-learn spirit.
- Own our digital marketing efforts. Manage all aspects of our website and use data to optimize web journeys for our key targets.
- Coordinate our social media efforts (primarily LinkedIn) to mesh with our go-to-market strategy.
- Support our Asia-Pac focused sales efforts by drafting and overseeing collateral creation, sales follow-up and additional light administrative work (e.g., scheduling calls; pitch deck creation/maintenance/support)
- Lean in from time-to-time to support sales efforts in North America and Europe – could be developing sales collateral, helping with our presence at virtual events, and related mini-projects.
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated strong performer with a 5+ years of relevant commercial experience
- Commercial mindset and aptitude
- Experience engaging others based on a deep sense of empathy, which guides how you interact with them.
- A self-starter with a track record that demonstrates you are highly organized with an aptitude for identifying problems and their solutions
- You know your way around Hubspot. You are comfy with Google Analytics, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and the like.
- Be adept as using Microsoft Office Suite including: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (we will request a writing sample from all shortlisted candidates)
- Flexibility to join early or late international conference calls – reciprocated with flexible office/working hours
- Fluent in English
- Full time, fixed term position
- Sydney, Australia or Christchurch, New Zealand
- If Sydney, ability to make short trips to our home office in Christchurch 2-3 times per quarter
About Capital Preferences
Capital Preferences helps financial services firms better understand their clients through behavioral economics, decision science and human-centered design. Our purpose is to build a world where people are deeply understood and empowered to make purposeful decisions. Our products improve the client experience and create predictive insights that power personalization and suitability.
We profile customers using proprietary gamified tools that reveal each investor’s unique preferences and behaviors. Our approach is underpinned by the latest in human-centered design, behavioral economics, and decision science research, leading to more predictive and compliant measures than psychology-based questionnaires. Our methods were invented by our co-founder Shachar Kariv Ph.D., former Chair of the Economics Department at UC Berkeley, and a team of leading researchers and product innovators.
Capital Preferences’ head offices are in Berkeley, California and Christchurch, New Zealand. We have staff presence across the US, Europe and Asia. Our methods and products have won multiple Financial Technology awards, including winner of the 2021 Hong Kong Fintech Festival’s ESG category, Global Winner (2nd place) of the UBS Future of Finance Challenge and Finalist in the CitiMobile Challenge.